Welcome to JCrow Coaching.
I’m a coach and a writer who believes we all have the ability to weave whatever kind of life we choose — and that means learning how to pivot our way through life.
Pivot? Think about it. When you pivot you keep one foot grounded while you move with the other in different directions. We do this over and over throughout our lives, but we don’t always realize what we’re doing or why.
At the core is knowing yourself — what you value and where you’re going. There’s a reason the phrase, “Know Thyself,” popularly credited to Socrates, is an ancient bit of wisdom that’s held up well to the passage of time. It’s simply true.
And truly knowing ourselves – I’m talking about that deep and centered sense of self – is what allows us to pivot well and wisely.
You and I have control over many things about our lives — but mostly over how we view things, especially things that happen to us. One of my favorite quotes is this: “Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of how things turn out.” Retired basketball coach John Wooden said that. A smart man.
I hope that, as you explore what’s here, you’ll feel a little nudge on occasion that helps to center you more firmly in the knowledge of who you are and what you value. Then, I rather hope it moves you out of your comfort zone and encourages you to think. If that happens, I’ll be happy. The coach in me lives to help clients learn a little more about themselves in hopes of providing a strong foundation for traveling through life.
If you’d like a little help along the way, I offer individual and group or team coaching. I’m a fully trained and experienced individual and group coach with 5+ years’ experience, as both an internal and external coach.
Hey, even a little nudge can go a long way toward helping someone pick up the loom and start designing life’s tapestry. Make it colorful and rich!
If you are interested in specifics, I am:
- An ORSC-trained systems/relationship coach (Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching™)
- A CTI-trained personal coach (The Coaches Training Institute™)
- A Master Facilitator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
- A Certified Facilitator of the Strength Deployment Inventory® (SDI®), a relationship awareness assessment for individuals, groups, and 360-degree applications
- A Facilitator of the Pearson-Marr Archetype Inventory®
- A graduate of West Virginia University School of Journalism with a Master’s Degree in Public Relations and Writing
- A graduate of West Virginia Wesleyan College with bachelor’s degrees in English and history
Thanks for stopping by.